TERMS & CONDITIONS
STANDARD COMPETITION TERMS
1. Qualifying Persons
1.1 Secretyorkshire.co.uk operate competitions – skill based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on the website www.Secretyorkshire.co.uk
1.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 16 and over and the age of majority in their country of residence except Secretyorkshire.co.uk employees.
1.3 Secretyorkshire.co.uk reserves the right to close a customers account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
2. Legal Undertaking
2.1 By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. Secretyorkshire.co.uk will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
3. Competition Entry
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website. Secretyorkshire.co.uk , may run multiple competitions and may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have a specific prize.
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of Secretyorkshire.co.uk and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.3 Your Secretyorkshire.co.uk Account(s) In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us online. When registering an account online you will be asked to provide an email address or sign in via a social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter or Gmail (‘Social Media Account’)
3.4 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your Tickets, play the Challenge when your payment has cleared we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition.
3.5 Secretyorkshire.co.uk reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.6 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.7 The Entrant can enter the competitions a maximum number of times as displayed on the individual prize page. The limit is per person. Maximum tickets purchased per person shown on each individual prize page. Maximum ticket numbers vary per competition based on number of tickets available/price of tickets.
3.8 The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted. We will also close a competition early if it does not sell out by the guaranteed draw date - ticket sales will close and we will draw the prize regardless of how many tickets are sold on the guaranteed draw date.
3.9 All entrants must create an account prior to entering, and supply an email address and contact telephone number to proceed in the competition.
4. Promotion Periods
4.1 Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
4.2 Once a prize draw date has been called and confirmed on the prize listing page, we will draw the prize on that date regardless of ticket sell out. Once a guaranteed draw date is set, we will not extend a competition.
5. Competition Judgement
5.1 Secretyorkshire.co.uk , 100% random spinning machine will determine the winner of each competition. Every draw published on our website.
5.2 In the event of the ball machine not being available, the online Google Random Number Generator will be used. This will be demonstrated live streamed on Facebook before entering the required numbers for that specific competition, ie 1 to 60, 1 to 500, 1 to 1000 etc.
5.3 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one 1st prize winner per competition. Some competitions may have runners up prizes.
5.3 Secretyorkshire.co.uk will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, Secretyorkshire.co.uk will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
5.4 Once a winner is drawn they will own the prize offered in the competition and we will make every effort to contact them until the prize is delivered. Under no circumstance will the prize be forfeited.
5.5 In the event that the Secretyorkshire.co.uk closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by Secretyorkshire.co.uk prior to the date of closure. Secretyorkshire.co.uk reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition, up to a maximum of 4 times.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto Secretyorkshire.co.uk database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by Secretyorkshire.co.uk .
5.7 All prizes will be drawn regardless of ticket sell out on the guaranteed draw date as set/shown on the website. Cash alternatives are not offered in place of prizes. Draws are not extended past the guaranteed draw date.
6. Winner’s Details
6.1 All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by Secretyorkshire.co.uk in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Competition.
If the winner really does not want a photo taken then we will respect that but for the good of the competition and benefit of other entrants a photo of the winner and their prize would be nice.
6.2 Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by Secretyorkshire.co.uk , the Winners will be contacted in order to make arrangements for delivery of the prize.
7. Competition Prizes
7.1 Secretyorkshire.co.uk prizes are determined, selected by the managing directors of the company and are owned by Secretyorkshire.co.uk from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by Secretyorkshire.co.uk and in that case this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competitions pages. Secretyorkshire.co.uk take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize Secretyorkshire.co.uk does not insure the prize. No insurance comes with the prizes and Secretyorkshire.co.uk cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
7.2 Delivery to the winner is free. Secretyorkshire.co.uk has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivering anywhere other than the specified areas.
7.3 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
7.4 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
7.5 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of Secretyorkshire.co.uk or other prize suppliers.
9. Winners’ Personal Data
9.1 Acceptance of the prize by the Winner will mean they are required to have their photo and video taken by Secretyorkshire.co.uk for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
9.2 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name and/or photograph or other likeness to be used for marketing purposes as required by Secretyorkshire.co.uk if you are declared a Winner.
10. Limits of Liability Secretyorkshire.co.uk makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Secretyorkshire.co.uk , Secretyorkshire.co.uk shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by Secretyorkshire.co.uk , or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by Secretyorkshire.co.uk .
11. Electronic Communications No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. Secretyorkshire.co.uk shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, Secretyorkshire.co.uk reserves the right to reclaim the Competition prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. In the event that Secretyorkshire.co.uk closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by Secretyorkshire.co.uk prior to the date of closure, except that Secretyorkshire.co.uk reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, Secretyorkshire.co.uk will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition. Secretyorkshire.co.uk also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. Secretyorkshire.co.uk shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. Secretyorkshire.co.uk shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, however displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and Secretyorkshire.co.uk shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
12. Data Protection Notice Any personal data that you supply to Secretyorkshire.co.uk or authorise Secretyorkshire.co.uk to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by Secretyorkshire.co.uk to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data Secretyorkshire.co.uk may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom Secretyorkshire.co.uk proposes to transfer any of Secretyorkshire.co.uk rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Secretyorkshire.co.uk may have with you; (iii) any person to whom Secretyorkshire.co.uk proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of Secretyorkshire.co.uk in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Secretyorkshire.co.uk may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event Secretyorkshire.co.uk is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
13. To enter the competition by post, send an unenclosed post card with: Name, Address, DOB, Contact phone number, email address, name of prize, and correct answer for that competition, if an answer is required. Post by 1st or 2nd post class to: THE GAS LIGHT, LOWER WARRENGATE,WAKEFIELD,WF1 1SA
United Kingdom. You will not be contacted to confirm entry until the entry list is completed. If your entry was received in time you will be entered into the entry list for that draw, which you can check to confirm entry. Postal entries are limited to one competition entrant per postcard - do not send multiple postcards in one envelope - they will not be counted. Send an unenclosed post card with information on the back. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter. We will allocate a random number to the entry from the available numbers left. Secretyorkshire.co.uk will process all postal entries Monday-Friday at 11am. Entries received after the processing period will not be counted that day and will be processed the following day. Sending a postal entry does not guarantee entry to a draw. Postal entries will not be counted if a prize sells out before the processing time that day. It is advised that you give your entry plenty of time to arrive, we cannot be held responsible for Royal Mail's delivery times. The postal entries will be treated in the same manner as the online entries, in addition the postal entries will be entered into the ‘Live Draws’ in the same manner. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for postal entries. You must include the name of the prize exactly as displayed on the website. You must be registered as a customer on our website before sending your postal entry. Failure to match a registered account with your postal entry will result in disposal of your entry. You can register for an account here: https://www.Secretyorkshire.co.uk/account/register
14. Promoter Secretyorkshire.co.uk
15. Refunds/Return Policy
All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the competition.
15.1 In the event a customer wishes to swap tickets for a different prize and there are tickets available at the time of the request we will allow the swap to take place, additional monies may be requested to cover the difference. If the new prize has a lower ticket value we will refund the difference as Revvies Points back into the entrants points account.
15.2 Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.